- Purdue drops to a 3-seed with there loss at Northwestern, while the Wildcats will return the field as an 11-seed.
- Ohio State picks up another big time win against Wisconsin. They move to the top of the 5-seed line. Wisconsin remains a 3-seed.
- UNC drops to the bottom of the 7-seed line with their loss at home to Georgia Tech, despite a magnificent performance by Will Graves. Tech jumps up to the top of the 6-seed line.
- Miami drops down a couple seed lines to a 10. UVA cracks the top 60 for the first time this season.
- West Virginia falls to the bottome of the 3 line with their loss to 'Cuse at home. The Orange(men) remain at the bottom of the 1-seed line.
- Pitt stays at the top of the 4 line. Louisville is a big win away from making the field, and they are certainly capable of beating a top Big East team; they seem to play everyone tough. Too bad they always start off so slow.
- Notre Dame is hanging on to the field by a thread after their loss to Cincy. There only quality win is West Virginia, so they'll certainly need to pick up some more solid wins to make the final field.
- Tennessee vaults up to the bottome of the 2 line with their win in OT at home against Mississippi. Ole Miss drops to a 5-seed.
- UNLV is no longer the favorite to win the MWC after losing to Utah. They drop to the bottom of the 8 line below BYU. New Mexico is now the favorite to win the conference.
- Dayton drops to the 7 line, while Xavier makes the field again as the third A-10 team. Temple is now the favorite to win the conference.
- Missouri falls to the 10-seed line; Oklahoma makes the top 60.
- Texas Tech gets knocked out the bracket with their embarassing loss to Kansas. They are not even in the Last Eight Out.
- Wichita State's loss to Creighton will keep them out of the next bracket. Marquette is now the last team in.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Lots of shuffling in the seeding yesterday. Here's a quick rundown: