Monday, January 11, 2010

Post Numero Uno

This, my friends, is my first ever post on my first ever blog. I am a HUGE college basketball and Major League Baseball fan, and I would like to use this public forum to share my thoughts and opinions on both. I have followed such blogs as Bracketology 101, TheFightins, and March Madness All Season over the past couple of months; these have all inspired me to start my own such blog.

BEISketbol's first couple of months will largely be devoted to the ongoing college basketball season. I have kept an oft-updated (usually daily) top 60 rankings throughout the season. I plan on posting my rankings every couple of days, along with write-ups of the most exciting games from the night before and previews of upcoming games. In addition, I will post my field of 65, complete with seeds.

Last year, I compiled my predicted field for the NCAA Basketball Tournament before Selection Sunday. I correctly predicted 64 of 65 teams (G.D. Arizona!). I cannot recall how many I seeded correctly, but if memory serves correct, I was comparable to other college basketball blogs out on thems there interweb.

I also plan on analyzing some of the MLB Hot Stove action, along with providing some statistical insight into the season. I am a student of Sabermetrics, so I would like to use this blog as a way to improve my analyses skills, while adding personal opinion on burning issues.

Thanks for reading! I hope you'ins all visit this here blog again!

No comments:

Post a Comment